|home / jmax|
I started working on a port of jMax to the win32 platform using the CygWin environment. On this page you can find the status of this work in progress. I continue on this project in my spare time, so progress may be slow.
- I've been pretty busy with my work so I haven't spent much attention to jMax lately. I've installed the new CygWin environment (version 1.1.x). jMax now compiles with gcc 2.95.2.
- The new compiler seems much stricter on the linking against imported variables. Removed a lot of dll import/export errors.
- All of jMax compiles in one smooth run.
- I'm using John Fortin's headers for DirectX and CygWin (I had to make some changes to the headers, though).
- The windev package gets loaded alright.
- FTS crashes on a divide by zero in hash.c. To be continued.
- The beginning of a driver for windows (in the windev package).
- Adapted FTS to use platform independent file paths.
- I managed to boot jMax and fts!
- The package reftype, system et guiobj are loaded.
- I could create and move a slider! (Do we need more?)
- Patch loading still crashes badly.
- Changed the module loading scheme. In startup.c, the module init function is called directly. The module init function installs the module structure as before.
- Fts is compiled into a DLL.
- Added pre-processor directives to import/export DLL variables.
- Files are now always opened as binary. Otherwise file reads send a premature EOF.
- Modified fts Makefiles and headers for win32. Added the non-portable directory for win32.
- fts compiles!
|home / jmax|